Since 2004 Fylde Council has provided a green waste collection service that has been funded through an agreement with Lancashire County Council. Lancashire County Council has made the decision to no longer fund recycling services in district councils, as a result Fylde Council has had to take the difficult decision to introduce a charge for this service as permitted by the Controlled Waste Regulations 2012.
In the first year the cost to subscribe to the service will be £25 per bin emptied on a fortnightly basis (1 June 2017 to 31 March 2018).
Subscription and charge
- The green waste subscription service is effective from 1 June 2017
- In the first year the annual cost to subscribe to the green waste collection service is £25 per bin (1 June 2017 to 31 March 2018)
- Based on 21 collections during the first year this charge equates to £1.19 per collection (no collections over the Christmas period)
- To avoid any disruption to the collection service you must subscribe by 12 May 2017
- If you choose to subscribe to the service at any other time through the year the annual charge will remain the same
- If you only produce small amounts of garden waste you may wish to consider sharing a green bin with a neighbour as this would halve the cost
Please be aware that from 1 June 2017, and to avoid any missed green bin collections you must subscribe to the service at least 2 working days prior to your scheduled green bin collection. If the subscription is completed within the 2 days prior to the scheduled collection we will be unable to return to your property to empty the bin.
- You will receive an email containing a unique reference and a link to log into your customer account in future
- Collections will continue on a fortnightly basis. Please present the green bin at the edge of your property by 7.30am as per your collection schedule
|Grass cuttings, hedge trimmings and garden waste||× Plastic carrier bags|
|Leaves, flowers, plants and weeds||× Other plastic, including plant pots and compost bags|
|Real Christmas trees (chopped up)||× Liquids/oils|
|× Rubble or soil|
|× General waste including food waste|
- Please remember we can only accept garden waste in the green bin as per the information table above
- If you choose not to subscribe to the service garden waste can be home composted. Lancashire County Council is part of a scheme which allows residents access to reduced priced home composters, please visit www.getcomposting.com. Alternatively, garden waste can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centre (Saltcotes Road, Lytham)
- Terms and conditions of the green waste subscription service
- For further information on this service please download the green waste information leaflet or refer to the frequently asked questions , which contain everything you need to know about the garden waste collection service